Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday 12 April 2012

A Catch up - Lake District, Paris and more

Hello everyone.
Firstly I want to apologize for the lack of posts. I see that my last one is on the 24th of February, and have decided that so little posts cannot do. So let me share with you what has been happening up in the land of the UK in the past couple of weeks.
I might have to do it in separate posts spanned over a few days - simply because there is so much to tell, and if I suddenly rambled on at once in one huge post that will take like 5 hours to read it might become quite boring for you.

So it has been the Easter holidays, and I have been looking forward to these holidays for quite a while. My family came up from South Africa to spend 2 weeks with me.
On the first few days we went around exploring Stamford, and I got to show them where I have been and will be spending my life for the next year.
They were pretty amazed at the town and to see what I had been raving about.
We went to Burghley house among others. And this house is massive. It was built to honour Queen Elizabeth 1. And was built by William Cecil the treasurer. It is much more interesting to read about it here.

After 2 days in Stamford we headed up to the Lake District.
It was about a 6 hour drive. But as luck has it, it took us pretty much the whole day. The traffic going up was appalling, and we happened to drive through a massive accident that had the roads congested. We then had to be redirected and found out that that path was also congested with like minded people.
It was such a mission, and after leaving at about 9 in the morning we finally arrived at about 6 pm.

The Lake District is amazing! I don't really know other words to describe it. Driving up we passed through countless fields, sheep and quaint little villages.
It is peaceful, relaxing, quiet, and a brilliant getaway.
We had a 'home base' which was like a resort surrounded by nothing. From there we went out to all the different towns.
Each day we went and explored new towns and got to see new things. I was blown away at how old the towns were and how quiet everything was. So unlike city life.
We went for walks and here is a picture of the type of views that we saw.
 The types of towns we went to were all snuggled and nestled away behind the mountains. And we often had to drive over steep passes to get to our destination.
That town is called Ambleside, and reminded me a lot like a Swiss town. Perfect it there was a light snow fall over the houses.

It was a great time to catch up with the family and just have a chilled out time.

I can't tell you how many sheep there were. Everywhere you looked there were sheep. And it was lambing season so we got see see some baby lambs.
Ah you just want to make them your little pets. But the saying is true, all babies lose their cuteness when they grow up:)

My next post will be a bit more detailed about Paris.
Hope you all had a blessed Easter

0 comments:

Post a Comment