Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday 29 April 2012

A Look into Paris

Hello audience, and welcome to a new post! As you read in the last post, I had to opportunity to go to Lake District and Paris with my family.
So lets take a little look at what Paris has to offer, and how amazing it is.

I want to start off by saying that I don't think I have ever felt so much of a tourist before. I was wearing shorts, a t-shirt, sunglasses and this huge backpack on my back. Then had to travel about 2 hours trying to find our apartment. I think we got quite a lot of stares.
Arriving in Paris was great, and as we flew in I got to take a look from above. It looked very dry and barren and there was quite a bit of pollution hanging in the air.

Our appartment was located in a very central part of Paris, and was very easy to get around to the different places. It was quite interesting to see the transition into the centre of Paris, as the outskirts were very run down and not very appealing at all.
I have never seen so many people in my life. You can be walking around and there is just this constant stream of people that walk past you. Each person is different, and its quite something to think that each person plays a part in the economy, and has a specific job to do in order for the country to be run.

We booked a bus tour which followed a tourist route around the city. There were 50 stops and all of them where by top places for tourists and with a slogan of " Hop on, hop off" nothing sounded better.
We managed to see : The Eiffel tower, Versailles, Notre Dame, Louve, Arc de Triomphe, Sacré-Coeur, Champs-Elysées, Place de la Concorde, Opéra de Paris Garnier, Pont Neuf, Moulin Rouge. And well I could go on forever. It was a wonderful experience, and I got to see quite a lot.


One thing I dont think that I'll ever forget is walking around with bags of sandwiches, and just stopping and eating them on the side of the road, it was quite a well how do I put it - New Experience - definitely learnt how to travel and safe money.

Another amazing experience was the fact that we got to see the Eiffel Tower at night. At 8 o clock on the hour the whole tower starts flashing for about 5 minutes, and you just stand there in awe marvelling at the fact that people had built that in previous centuries with technologies far limited then what we have today.


Versailles was huge, the biggest thing I have ever seen. To get into it, we had to stand in a line that took about an hour and a half, and curved up and down, up and down.
It was sweltering hot and just a pain in the butt. But we eventually got through, and I was pretty impressed that I got to see a part of History that I learnt in school.
Everything in the palace was so decorative and big. The corridors were wide, the steps huge, the walls tall, and the ceilings very elaborate with fancy artwork painted all over.



Until next time!:)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time. Would love to visit there one day. Seems like a lovely place. Good to experience new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Haydon, I'm following your blog via GFC, follow my blog too
    here is the link - http://heartatech.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete