Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Ireland in a blast.

Wow, so where do I start. I have no idea where to begin, but maybe the beginning sounds like the better option. So half term started this last Monday and the kids were kicked out of school to go and frolic else where, and the teachers took their long awaited break. My plans were to then fly off to Ireland, meeting up with a fellow gap student who I know from South Africa. Everything went by smoothly, and by 6 pm on Friday the 10th I was in Belfast CIty Airport.
Leprechauns are one of the main attractions in Ireland, and I was amazed at how many I saw : Short little men, wearing green, a scarf, and a top hat. They even talk funny, and I counted numerous times when Irish people's sentences go higher when they say their last phrase.
On the Saturday morning we went out to Port Rush and Port Steward in Northern Ireland and got to see Giants Causeway. There is this whole myth about how these two giants. To read an accurate account of the Legend click here.
Giants Causeway has lots of natural features, and different rock formations. I finally felt some of my Geography paying off, as I knew how they had formed and what they were called.
We managed to get some amazing photo's which you can scroll down and check out below.






Over the next few days we went to Parliaments where we got to see where all the debates happen for the running of the country. It was great to walk into such an old building with huge tall rooves that seem limitless.
Later on we got to see Belfast City, The Crown ( which is the oldest bar in Northern Ireland ) and we even went on a Titanic tour.
The Titanic tour was amazing and definitely worth the 12 pounds. The tour guide took as down the road where the actual Titanic was built. He told us all the stories behind the making of the Titanic, stories of peoples lives and what went on during the day. We were then brought into the original HQ of the Titanic where the plans were made and where the big boss sat. It was amazing to see a hundred year old building from the inside with nothing at all changed.


The top picture is of the road how it used to be when over 3000 men used it 100 years ago. Not much as changed building wise, and it was amazing to stand where men used to actually build the titanic..
Here is the link to my photo album entitled " An Irish Walkabooout " And you will be able to see the rest of the photos.

So I think pictures tell you a hundred words, so I wish you a happy looking through photos, and until next time. For now it is back to school and back to reality.

Warren

0 comments:

Post a Comment